Tuesday, 5 April 2011

In a nutshell...

Historically, I have had a deep dislike of blogs, and an even deeper distrust of bloggers. I could not understand why anyone would constantly, and consistently, update strangers on the inner-most details of their life.

But this year something changed.

Deeply funny things began happening, the type of things where you need to tell as many people as soon as you can. There are stories to tell, quotes to remember and events to archive, and blogging about it seemed the most logical choice.  
Plus my wonderful and wildly influential roommate talks about her deep love of blogging quite openly, frequently and loudly. 

So, my life in a nutshell…
1) I hate wearing dress pants and shoes
2) I am a teacher
3) Teachers are required to wear dress pants and shoes
4) I love Jesus
5) East Van is the one place I always feel I belong
6) I love youth (the more ghetto and gangsta the better)
7)I love roots, trees, moss and grass
7.5) I would be quite content to spend the rest of my life telling rowdy ghetto youth about Jesus and trees!
6) I once took a class in soil chemistry (it was my favorite)
7) Lists are essential if I want to get anything accomplished
8) I like Organic and Fair-Trade groceries
9) My students call me "Ms D"
10) Hilarious things happen and are said to me almost every day as I try to reconcile my inner gangsta-hippy with my newfound life as a high school teacher.

1 comment:

  1. LOUDLY?!?! I do not talk about blogging loudly! Just kidding - I suppose I say most things loudly. Love.

    ReplyDelete